Washing Machine Won't Drain?

My machine was washing then it just stopped. I can hear it trying to empty but nothing. I switched it off then switched it back on and it started to fill up again, then stopped. Any help is appreciated. It's an old machine, but I never had any problems till now. It's an Indesit 1500 wil153. I can hear the sound of the motor trying to work, but nothing. It keeps stopping.

By Paula

I had that problem as well. I do believe it's your pump. I use to lower the hose to drain in a giant bucket during that part of the cycle but that became old after awhile. I had to keep dumping the water from the bucket. I picked up a used one at the Salvation Army for about $25 and I'm now back in business. You can also get a repairman to fix it but not sure how new your machine is and if it's worth the price. I'm sure that would be at leat $50 to repair.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersOctober 21, 2014
🎃
Generated 2022-10-15 09:36:00 in 872 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Washing-Machine-Wont-Drain.html