AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

What is my dog? His mother was a golden retriever and I want to say the dad is a German shepherd, but I'm unsure. What's your opinion?

By Dawn

More often than not; dogs are more than two breeds. Just looking at the head makes it really difficult to tell. Looks like some Shep but there could be a few other things too.

He does have a LOT of German Shepherd if not all. My Hubby used to take care of a lot of German Shepherds when he was young and has a passion for rescuing them from shelters.

What a beautiful little boy you have there, indeed. And Goldens are so wonderful in temperement, what a beautiful combination.

He is cutie-patuti breed! ;)

Having been a German Shepherd owner for years, I would have to say his Dad is a German Shepherd. I have one with exactly same colours and markings, and she was imported from Germany and has a pedigree a mile long, so we know she is purebred German Shepherd, and this one looks so much like my Delilah.

My two dogs are long haired German Shepherds and this one of yours look like he is also going to be the long haired variety. Be prepared to be vacuuming the house every day when he starts to shed fur!

No matter what breed his father was, he is the cutest thing and so beautiful. You are so lucky to have him, and he will give you nothing but love and loyalty.

Yes, I too have owned GSDs and would say he's definitely part German Shepherd! Good looking dog!
Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog (a long haired GSD)