Clothing WashersAppliances

Whirlpool Frontload Washer Does Not Dispense Softener or Bleach

The softener and bleach dispensers are not dispensing, these liquids remain in the cups. There are no problems with the scant detergent that I use. That dispenses well. I have been very judicious with use of detergent, bleach, and softener (vinegar only). All of a sudden there is no dispensing into the laundry.

I recently had a new dishwasher, faucet, and disposer installed. The plumbers also snaked the kitchen drain system. These items are approximately four yards from the washer. Two days after this kitchen work was done a shower had to be snaked out (no previous problems). The shower is approximately 4 to 6 feet from the washer.

Now I have a one year old washer that is not working properly. Are these things related? Is this a problem with front loading washers after 53 weeks?

What can I do?

By Tahloo

I have an LG and had the same problem. My washer was out of level enough that it tipped back and wouldn't drain the dispensers out. Perhaps you could check this.

Doesn't seem like it should be a plumbing problem as the washer's plumbing is internal. Have you gone through your manual? Typically there is a list of problems and ways to troubleshoot them. Good luck.