Whirlpool Washer Not Spinning

I have a Whirlpool top load washing machine model wtw57esvw0. I have replaced a broken lid switch. The problem I am having is sometimes the spin cycle works, sometimes it does not. I did 4 loads without a problem, the 5th load did not spin, so very wet clothes. I was able to spin the basket and it felt like it caught, and spun the clothes dry. Could it be the transmission or clutch?

By stewart_4

There is no transmission or clutch in washing machines. It is likely a small part, but I suggest you call a repair person who knows what he is doing, and has the parts on hand. The cost is more than worth it for the convenience.