Whole House Water Filter Tips

When you have a water filtration system for your whole house, it can protect your health as well as your plumbing fixtures. Understanding how it works and where problems may develop will help it run smoother, and keep your water clean.

There is a red pressure relief button on my water filter. I'm not sure what it's purpose is. Why would I want to relieve the pressure? When should I hit the button?

Answers

Best Answer

You should just leave it alone. Companies need to add these in case of an earthquate or other natural disasters. In cases like this the water pressure can build up in these devices and will explode. That is the time you hit this button and only then.

Best Answer

I change the carbon filter in my whole house water filter every few months. In order to do this correctly, it is necessary to release the water pressure on the filter's housing unit. It is impossible to remove the outer casing holding the filter without releasing the water pressure. There are several good you tube videos if you want a visual of how this is done. It beats calling in a plumber

It prevents the housing from being damaged in the event of a leak.

What kind of water filter? Stand alone? On the refrigerator? Brand? Maybe with more info I can help!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairDecember 31, 2019
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-06 10:07:17 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️