Recycle Greeting Cards

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Give the gift of love, "cards to recycle", to friends and they will definitely remember your card!

Cut two equal size horizontal slits about 1/8" apart in the card where you would normally sign your name. On a separate slip of paper sign your name and slip it in the horizontal slits.

Use your imagination for other messages on the card! I have been sending and receiving the same card back for years with new messages; it's something to look forward to!

We recycle greeting cards by cutting up the pictures to use for gift tags, or cute clip-art to include in photo albums. (Cut out the artwork from wedding cards to dress up your wedding album.)

By Lita (Guest Post)

Does anyone know where I can send old greeting cards? St Jude no longer accepts them. Please email me at moorebetter66@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Yes i can use them. I live in a senior assisted living center. A lot of you people here are in wheel chains,moterised scooters and a lot of walkers.they have no family here to visit with them all the time or even to get out to by a card so I try to make cards from used cards.It puts smile on there faces and that means a lot.

they range in ages 71 to 102years...please help us and thank you. Luana

By yell0wr0se7 (Guest Post)

There are several senior centers and schools that love old cards for their art projects. Take them to your local church as well.
Have fun
yell0wr0se7

By Nancy (Guest Post)

I take old Christmas cards and cut them into circles. I then get some green poster board and shape the circles into the shape of a christmas tree . Then give them to friends and relatives to use as a door or wll hanger for a decoration.