Goko The Cat

Goko is 8 years old. I got this cat from a relative that found him half out of a tied trash bag in the middle of the road with 5 others that were dead. He was just a kitten then.

He likes to run all over the house like a nut, chasing his daughter Pepe'. He loves to pose for the camera. He's the most loving inside cat I ever known. He thinks he's human and I do spoil him.

By Ruthie from Saegertown, PA

You are SOOOO very lucky to have such a special friend! Goko is beautiful! ... Such a sad story about how you found him. It's hard to believe all of the horrible things people do to these sweet, innocent, loving creatures that God has given us to enrich our lives...

My cat, Smokey also had a sad beginning. He was left in a parking lot to fend for himself (at the apartments where my daughter lives) when his owners moved away. Why would someone do such a thing!? My daughter fed him every day for weeks, hoping his owners would come back for him... They never did, so she had him neutered, and at 51 he became my very first pet. (I didn't know what I was missing!) He's a great little mouse-hunter (from living on his own) & a very special addition to our home... Every day he makes me laugh! Your cat thinks he's a human & mine thinks he's a dog... Cats are surely the Creators way of spreading His love around the world! ... Thank you for sharing Goko's story & picture with us!

* I'd always thought those "crazy cat women" were kind of "strange"... Now I'm one of them! ... Just shows ta go ya!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a fine looking cat Goko is! Such a blessing for him to find a home with someone who obviously loves him.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We found our Blossom in a campsite dumpster. So tiny and so very hungry. Took him to the vet who said he would never be a large cat and probably would not live very long. He never was large but he had a very large heart and he loved us and we him. Could leave the door to outside open all day and he'd never attempt to go out. Getting him to a vet was an ordeal.
He was called Fart Blossom at first because his insides were so messed up that he continually passed gas which was terrible smelling. Oh, how he would play with a cat dancer and also he loved chasing a laser light.

When he passed a few months ago he left an enormous ache.
How can people do these types of things to defenseless animals? They certainly don't realize what joy they are missing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This is a beautiful photograph. I really like the reflected sky, trees and telephone pole in the glass. The texture of Goko's fur is a lovely contrast to the trees and the subtlety of the lace curtain. His head is wonderfully shot against the clouds. Don't know how you took this without being reflected in the glass.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He's a handsome and lucky cat. Bless you both.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Goko is gorgeous! And you are a wonderful person for
having him. The photo is great with so much in the shot
the cat, the sky, the curtain and the clouds it is just
so pretty.

Reply Like this photo? Yes