Product Warning: Dollar Store Toilet Paper

Product: Knockoff of Scott 1000 Toilet Paper

Manufacturer: Made in China

Cost: $1 for 4 rolls

WARNING - Do not buy the knockoff of the "Scott 1000" Toilet Paper at the Dollar Store! This gave my 5 year old granddaughter a very painful and itchy problem "down there" and it took 2 weeks and 2 visits to the doctors office to get her all healed up! This TP affected ALL of the women in our family in a bad way, even the adults (at first we all thought we came down with yeast infections at the same time!). Our family will NEVER buy TP that's made in China from a dollar store again!

By CKD

Thank you so much for this useful information!

Thanks for the info. I will not buy any food either.

Thanks from me too. China just isn't getting it. Gee, all those billions we gave them, & this is the sort of thing we get back.

Anonymous

I could rant for hours about products made in China :-( I am not surprized one bit by this information because of similar stories (proven) about clothes, shoes and even toys containing chemical poisons :-(

I read an article just a couple of weeks ago in a reputable national newspaper about baby formula that was sickening and killing a few hundred Chinese babies and it was kept under wraps by the Chinese government for weeks (maybe months) until after the Olympics :-0 Needless to say, babies who could have been saved didn't make it because the knowledge wasn't given to healthcare or the public immediately :-(

thanks so much for the information. When I shop at the dollar store I always check the label to see where the product was made.

I hope you notified the store's headquarters!

I had this problem too, thanks to some truly awful, cheap, rough toilet paper in the bathrooms at my office. Here's my solution:

Baby wipes! They're so much softer than the personal wipes put out by the various toilet paper companies, and the cleansing solution on them is less chemically harsh as well. Keep a box by each toilet. Use the toilet paper to dab away moisture and any solid waste, then use the baby wipes for a final cleansing swipe.

For times when you're not in your own home (at work, school, or traveling), carry a resealable packet or Ziploc-type baggie full of baby wipes in your purse or backpack.

Bonus points if you use flannel toilet wipes instead of toilet paper and/or disposable baby wipes. They, too, are softer than standard toilet paper, and they're reusable, so you won't be contributing to waste production.