Plastic Paper Clips as Alternative to Straight Pins

This, as with most of my tips was born of necessity. I am too old to be crawling around on the floor with a flashlight trying to retrieve straight pins that I have dropped. I laid the tee shirt dress I was making for my granddaughter on my folding cutting board. Since it is made from card board, I did use a few pins to "nail" it into place. As I measured the hem, I used plastic paper clips to hold it in place. When I moved it from my bed to the ironing board to press the hem in place I didn't worry about pins all over the floor.

I have found many uses for these little things, since they are plastic they don't rust or damage anything. If I want pieces from one view of a pattern I use a plastic paperclip instead of the straight pins I used to use. Clip them on the pages of favorite recipes so you don't have to keep turning back to the same place. They are also great bookmarks. They are well worth the 2 or 3 dollars you might pay for them.

By Marty Dick from Houston, TX

So am I! What a wonderful idea!

In These Pages
Crafts MiscellaneousOctober 26, 2010
🎄
🎉