Saving Money on Dish Soap

Tips for saving money on dish soap.

Fill a pump bottle halfway with dish soap and the rest of the way with water. It uses less soap, but still produces great suds.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Post your own ideas in the feedback below!

9 More Solutions

Here is a way to control how much soap comes out of your dish soap container. Get a sturdy spray nozzle from an old bottle and just screw it on. Make the adjustment as to how stong or soft you want the spray to be. You will save soap, plus it will spray out more evenly over dishes.

spray nozzle on dish soap container

I keep a dish detergent dispenser on the sink. When I refill it, I fill it with about 1/3 water and the rest with soap. I shake a little to mix. I find it works just as well as full strength detergent.

This started out as a treat for myself but has really turned into a money saver. The kitchen sink area became more "elegant" once I purchased a bottle with spout designed for use with cooking oil.

Olive Oil Bottle For Dish Soap

I had a nice pretty hand soap pump container that I had gotten from my niece. When it was empty, I filled it with dish washing liquid soap and I leave that on top of the sink to be used for either hands or dishes.

I have a tip to help save on dish washing liquid and to look pretty at the same time. I went to the Dollar store and bought a decorative oil dispenser. I use less liquid and it looks pretty on the sink.

Do you remember when the ultra dish soaps came out? At that time the manufacturers said to dilute the soap, using, I believe, 2 parts soap and one part water. I have a bottle on my counter that I add dish soap to with the water in those amounts.

I add a few drops of essential oil to Free and Clear (hypoallergenic) dish soap to mimic the expensive all-natural soaps without the possible allergens, since even all-natural soaps can have natural ingredients I'm allergic to.

To stretch your dish detergent, use "bubbles" refills from the dollar store, the type kids use to create bubbles. The cost is about $1 for 32 ounces.

For making your dishwashing soap last longer: Take a separate plastic bottle with a pump and fill about one third of dishwashing liquid of your choice.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 2, 2014
🎂
🌻
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf238038.tip.html