Split Pea Soup
Really good pea soup!
- 1 lb. green split peas
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 lb. ham, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or if raw, diced small (optional)
- celery salt, to taste (optional)
- couple of Tbsp. of cream or half and half (optional)
Sort and rinse peas. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer until peas are tender. Add more hot water if necessary. Remove bay leaf and serve.
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
3 Hours Cooking Time
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!