Space Bags Keep Deflating

I have bought 2 boxes of original Space Bags from Costco. None of the bags are holding air. It isn't rocket science. Could I really be doing something wrong? This is a sad day!

By Lynnie Bee

Call the store and explain your problem.

Costco is very good about taking returns even if you don't have the receipt. Get your money back.

We're sorry to hear you have had issues with Space Bag products deflating. Space Bag is committed to quality and we have recently made improvements in our line. All Space Bag products now come with a double zipper and Turbo Valve to vacuum out air 35% faster than before. We also guarantee that our products will be free of manufacturing defects for one full year from purchase date. If you would like to speak to our customer service department for an exchange, please call 1-800-469-9044 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Monday-Friday, PT). We hope you will consider Space Bag for your future storage needs.

Best,
Space Savers community correspondent
www.SpaceSaversCommunity.com

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this problem (not glad for you though)! I really hate those things. I have bought them 4 times over the last 10 years (2 years ago is the most recent) and not one single time has it ever held for me! I thought I was doing something wrong because everyone else says how wonderful they are, but I have more luck with plain trash bags!

I loved mine at first. I am a military spouse so we move a lot. However, during the actual move most of the air came out and we even stored the space bags in plasic totes.

Most definitely talk to the space bags manufacturer. They are excellent in trying to help and get the problem fixed. I've used their bags for almost 8 years. They are, however, more for storing and not for being bounced around on a move (being military I, too, used them during the move). For regular storage I have been able to keep them in the bag for 3-4 months without having to revac or reseal.