Cleaning a Stainless Steel Stove

I am wanting to find a way to clean the top and outside of my stainless steel gas stove. I have tried soapy water like the instructions say or just a wet wash cloth, but it always leaves water spots or smudges. Please help me. Thanks.

By Alecia

Go to your local big box store and buy a cleaning product that has been made to clean stainless steel. No one brand is any better than the other.

I don't have SS but have heard two things; baby oil, but that seems like it might leave a residue and club soda, doesn't matter if it's flat.

WD-40

Mineral oil works. Put it onto paper towels or an old t-shirt rag and wipe down your stove, preferably in the same direction as the "grain" if it is brushed steel. The metal is actually porous and will absorb some of the oil, leaving a nice sheen.

You can wipe again with a dry cloth if you feel a residue left by the oil. Water based cleaners do leave spots on stainless steel appliances. Oils are the best way to clean them. Mineral oil, baby oil, I suppose any kind of oil would work.

The resturants I worked at used oil. Very little on a rag or towel will shine it up perfectly and cleans it at the same time.

We have a stainless steel elevator in this building. We use baby oil on a t-shirt rag to wipe down the walls, it doesn't leave any streaks.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 12, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓