Wipe Clean Cookbook Holder

Need a wipe clean and attractive cookbook holder? You can also make these for gifts! Take very heavy gauge clear vinyl (usually available at a fabric store from a big roll). Cut it to fit your largest cookbook open flat on your counter, and add 2 inches on the left and right side. Sew a long skinny tube on each side, making sure that the tube is big enough to hold a row of marbles or flower weights. Fill the tubes with the marbles and sew the ends. Trim off any excess vinyl.

This will keep your books clean, and the marbles keep the book flat. I even use it when cooking from a recipe clipping to keep it clean on my counter. Just roll up when not in use!

Source: I saw it in a gift catalog years ago and have made several since then.

By Ginny from Murrells Inlet, SC

Can you post a picture?

I would also like a picture not sure if I understand the directions, thanks for the tip Pat.

Here is a photo; the marbles I used are clear (which show up as very white in the picture) and black. Hope that helps. The whole thing just rolls up when not in use.

Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this the first time around (in 2010) but I am sure glad I saw it this time. I can't wait to make one or two of these!