Frying Morel Mushrooms

When frying those delicious morel mushrooms, instead of dipping in egg, I dipped them in condensed cream of mushroom soup and coat them very well before I place them in my flour or cracker crumbs. Then I fry them in butter. Egg tends to slip off, whereas the mushroom soup clings perfectly. I do not add water to the soup, but if it's too thick to work with, just slightly add water and stir - make sure you keep the thickness. It is sooo good. I will never go back to egg!

By Patty from Illinois

Top Comment

Patty, that sounds like a good idea! My son used to get the morels by the bucketful but he moved so now I don't get them anymore and really miss them.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMay 11, 2011
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51568203.tip.html