CurtainsDecorating

Curtains for Living Room with Chocolate Sofa and Red and Beige Walls

I have red carpets in the living room with a chocolate brown sofa and red and beige wall. What colour curtain should I use?

By keisha from Bedfordshire

Seems like you have three colors in your room, I would not add another. Enough red if you have it for your carpet. Red & beige walls, I think I would paint the walls beige. Chocolate brown sofa, I think I would go with a darker or lighter beige (then the walls ) curtains and add dark beige pillows to the couch. Maybe use a chocolate tie back for your curtains. I would play down you red carpet and play up your beige with chocolate accents.

You don't say on which wall the curtains will hang. That would make a big difference on what color you should use. Assuming that the window wall is not beige, I would use beige curtains also.

Just remember to spread the red around the room a bit. Don't concentrate it on one wall. You can do that with sofa pillows and accessories.