Candles as Air Fresheners

Whenever I want to freshen the air in my home I don't like to use anything that smells like any type of food or spice. This is because I am trying to lose weight, but smelling foods or spices in the air turns on my hunger pangs! So I use nature smells. During most of the year my favorites are "Ocean Breeze" or "After the Rain". If I can find one that's not overpowering, I like "Honeysuckle" or "Lavender". In my bedrooms I like to use "Clean Linen" scents.

Instead of burning candles though, I take those same candles and put them under a candle warmer. If you don't have one, you can use a table lamp if you are able to bend the lamp facing down over the candle. (I'm talking about the candles that are in jars.) Put a 40-60W bulb in and turn it on. The heat from the bulb melts the candle and the scent goes through the room nicely. And depending on the size of the candle, they will last for over a year. The ones I have now I have been using for close to a year and a half now.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Might this work with a coffee cup warmer, bought at a thrift shop of course!

I don't like scented candles but I do like lavender so will give this a try.
A thumbs up!

Same here...baffled at the obsesion with smelling like foods..I couldn't bear to smell gingerbread or watermelon all day..yeesh..no..flowers or nature smells make more sense.