Helpful HintsFood Tips

Putting Stubborn Lids on Tupperware

Category Helpful Hints

If you are having a hard time putting a plastic lid on a tupperware type container, run the lid under hot water. It should fit much more easily.

By Fisher

By Maggie (Guest Post)

NOW you tell me! I have thrown out so many lids because they didn't work! Thanks for future use though.

That works well.. I also get alot of Tupperware lids at
garage sales.. give then a quick soak in hot bleach water.. wash

in dish water and wow.. I pay like .05 or .10 for them.. if they want more offer less.. they take it just to get rid of them. Dont put them
in the dish washer.. it warps them.

Another tip if the hot water doesn't work, is on a sunny day put the lid on the floor in your car. When your car heats up it'll soften the lid. I had some tupperware lids that wouldn't fit no matter what I did (including the hot water), I decided to take them to the Tupperware stand in the mall to see what they could do for it and the containers sat in the car for about 4 or 5 hours in the heat. When I brought them into the stand the person had NO problem getting them on....I felt like a fool!

Why do we have to go through this to make them work? Tupperware...beef up your quality to what your reputation was.

I hate buying new stuff then having to figure out how to make it work. SO SORRY I spent good money on this fund raiser item.

Amen, Maryroth!

Have we gotten so used to such poor quality control standards that we don't demand more from the manufacturer? That our first reaction is to find some workaround approach before their defective product becomes functional?

According to the comments I've seen on the internet, this amazing shrinking Tupperware lid problem has been going on long enough for the company to be well aware that it exists. I recently ordered several containers from them -- most of which have ill fitting lids. It's a nuisance to have to return items, especially when it appears the manufacturer's standards for quality control don't exist.

Best product on the market. Lasts forever. Well worth putting lids in hot water the first time.

They go on easy after that and go on easy from then on yet seal really great. Just burp them after you put them on.

My lids is the snap on kind. It seems to be warped or something. They are the kind that goes on the canister. The bowl is perfect but the lid pops off. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I think it is a crime to have to be told to fix a new product. I spent 40.00 on a container that actually is unfit. The lid does not fit the container. I wS TOLD TO SOAK IT in hot water
But will i have to do this every time? Also it seems to me my lid will give me problems in the future. I have some very old tupperware that i never had to fix. I need head office answers and reassurances. The local agent is not to blame for manufacturing issues

I have been attempting to fid this lid on a Tupperware bowl with no success and I caught your tip to use hot water under a tap and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much! You are the best.

Thank you so much! Ran the cover under hot water and the cover
Went on perfectly!

The lid is now to big anyway to shrink it?

I put it under some hot water and it fit instantly!! That does the trick. Thank you!

Anonymous

Excellent

I threw all my Tupperware ln the trash. I receive them as gifts and all the lids don't shut for being a very brand new product.

The quality is very poorly made then years back I never had no problem. Tupperware manufacturers are using poor quality to save money.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 13, 2006
📓
🌻
🎂