Uses for Leftover Coffee

Here's a couple of tips to make use of leftover coffee.

Instead of reusing coffee grounds as some people do, I reuse the leftover coffee itself. It seems that nobody wants to drink the last cup or two in the pot in our house so, instead of throwing it down the sink, I blend it with the fresh pot. I decrease the fresh grounds for the new pot I'm making by a scoop or two and mix the fresh water with the leftover coffee from the previous pot. I've been doing this for years; it hasn't damaged the coffeemaker and I still get compliments for making a good cup of coffee.

Leftover coffee can also be used when making iced coffee or a smoothie. Freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and use coffee cubes instead of plain ice.

Coffee cubes added to gravy or stew gives a lovely color and taste.

Believe it or not, coffee makes an awesome after shower hair rinse for dark haired people and it smells great.

Source: Years of living on a tight budget.

By Wilhelmina from Amherstburg, ON

You can store the left over coffee in a glass then later heat it in the microwave when you want another cup.

You can also use the left over coffee grinds as a exfoliator for your face and body. The caffeine in the coffee also gives your skin a bit of a wake up. It works wonderfully :)

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks

I also refrigerate the leftover coffee, fill 2 mugs and reheat in the microwave. You really can't tell the difference in the taste.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 450 Feedbacks

I really think there are better ways to save money. You are saving pennies and drinking something that can be days old. It just kind of turns my stomach.

Anonymous

I agree! Sometimes fresh coffee is not that good!

I use leftover coffee in chocolate cake recipes in place of water. I make strong coffee in summer and make my own Iced coffee I use all my coffee grounds in my compost in the garden.

I have found the best tasting oatmeal. I make oatmeal as usual and instead of putting milk on it, I use left over coffee. I love the flavor and cut back on using so much milk cuts the calories as well.

Try it, if you like coffee you will like this.

We have a houseplant at work, but bathroom or water fountain some distance away so we started pouring out left over coffee on the plant instead of watering it. You should see this crazzy plant, it is really hooked on caffeine! It grows so fast and puts out long runners with dark green leaves!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips TipsOctober 19, 2009
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf54585079.tip.html