Clothing WashersAppliances

Frigidaire Front Load Washer Does Not Complete Spin Cycle

I have a Frigidaire front load washing machine that does not complete its spin cycle. I noticed that the machine stops with 5 minutes left to complete its spin cycle and rings like it has completed the wash. Please help.

By hector from Blooming Grove, NY

I have a Frigidaire Gallery frontloading washing machine. It moves through the entire wash cycle fine, until the final spin. The water will drain out of the tub, the digital timer reaches 7 minutes (at which point the final spin cycle should kick in, and yes it is selected) and then the digital display turns off and the machine beeps to signal that it is done. Then the locking mechanism disengages and the door can be opened, so you can remove your completely soaked clothes. I tried replacing the control board which also is the timer on this model. Same thing happens. Anyone have any ideas? I'm out of patience and clean clothes.

By JenC

Answers

We had the same problem with a not quite 2 year old machine. We were told the machine was full of black mold and because of that the sensor could not work right.

Staining on the door seal is one indication that black mold is present. You can also pull out the drawer where the detergent is added to check for black mold. We were told the sensor was the problem.

Make sure you have all of the cover panels back in place. I spent a whole day futzing around with my machine trying to get it to work, never realizing there is a safety switch behind one of the panels. With the panel off, the machine won't spin.

I have had this problem but only when I had a load in that would not spin easily. When I adjusted the load to spin more easily, it did spin.