Tint Hard Boiled Eggs

To keep track of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge, add a few drops of food coloring to the boiling water. My family knows that the tinted eggs are ready for eating.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

I have always marked the hard boiled eggs with a pencil. I put a large X on each egg cooked that way.

I was going to suggest that you add a few drops of food coloring to the cooking water, that ought to also tint them.

At Easter time I like to make pastel shade deviled eggs. I pickle the eggs just like I would normally, but I use white vinegar and pastel shades of food coloring.

When they are "filled" with the centers and placed on lettuce leaves they are really pretty! Remember to keep your eggs hot and put them in hot "colored" solution for faster absorption of color.

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsOctober 15, 2010
🍀
💘