Food Sticking to a Teflon Grill?

I've got one of the small (one patty) grills. I've had it over a year and like to use it. I never had a problem with sticking in the past. But now burgers, veggie patties, and wieners are sticking to the Teflon. Any suggestions?

Shirley

Anonymous

Sorry you are having this problem. Put some oil on a paper towel or brush on some oil on the teflon of the grill before cooking.
Merry Christmas!

By Elaine (Guest Post)

I have the same problem. I love the grill because I am alone but I have noticed too that things stick now. I usually spray it first but still have a problem getting it clean. One thing I do to clean it is plug it in for a bit and fold several wet paper towels on it and steam for a little bit. Seems to help loosen things up some. I think over time the Teflon wears so I might have to get a new one soon.

The reason food is sticking is because you have been using a 'non-stick spray'. This causes a build-up that is all but impossible to remove. The next time you get a grill, brush it with Olive oil before each use. It will last for years.

Linda :o)

By SWozniak (Guest Post)

First of all, it is a complete myth that teflon -- actually, the manufacture of teflon has been illegal for years because every living thing on the planet has teflon in its body -- or whatever non-stick material you have can be used without some sort of grease. A little olive oil on the pan will help.

Second, did you wash the pan in the dishwasher? That is a dangerous no no. Non-stick pans should be hand washed.

Third, I strongly urge you to abandon the use of non-stick pans. No matter how careful you are with them, they are a health hazard. Developing good cooking habits should make those evil things unnecessary. If you feel you can not live without a non-stick surface, teach yourself to use cast iron pans.

By deeber (Guest Post)

Try cleaning the pan with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami cleaner and rinse very well.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 17, 2008
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62867094.tip.html