Substitutions for Milk in Recipes

Category Substitutions
When using canned condensed or evaporated milk in place of regular milk, you may need to make some adjustments. This page is about substitutions for milk in recipes.

I pick up a can of evaporated milk every time I do my weekly grocery shopping. It is very inexpensive and good to have on hand. It can be used in place of light cream in recipes, in place of milk (my mother always made her rice pudding substituting a can of evaporated milk and I still make it that way!)

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

What can I use to substitute for whole milk if I don't have evaporated milk?

Answers

What are you making? My suggestions depend on the recipe! Looking forward to helping when I know more!

You could add some butter to the milk you have.

So what you really need is a substitute for evaporated milk. This one is easy and will work in most recipes. You will need to have 3/4 cup of whole milk and mix it with 1/4 cup of half and half.

Just keep in mind this will work in most recipes but not in all. If you are making candy I would not use this and would actually go to the store to buy the evaporated milk.

When you find yourself out of milk for cooking, perhaps you have a can of evaporated milk on the shelf that can be substituted. This is a page about substituting evaporated milk for whole milk.

A small bowl of evaporated milk.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Condensed milk can be substituted for whole milk in some recipes. Since condensed milk contains a lot of added sugar it may not always be the best choice.

Evaporated milk and water are another option. This is a page about substituting condensed milk for whole milk.

Opened can of condensed milk.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Many of us do not typically keep cans of evaporated milk on the shelf. Many recipes will successfully tolerate a substitution. This is a page about substitutions for evaporated milk in recipes.

Evaporated
Milk

This is a page about substituting half and half for milk in recipes. If you are out of milk or just want a creamier flavor, try substituting half and half for the milk in a recipe.

Substituting Half and Half for Milk in Recipes

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsDecember 30, 2013
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf63949450.tip.html