Do you have high speed or dial up internet service?

WM Stephens from Garden City, Kansas

Unfortunately, I have dial up internet. DSL just isn't available where I live, although I've been told by my ISP that they are working to make it available to everyone by the end of the year.

Renee in TN

I have dial up and am very happy with it! For what I do, it's very efficient. I like to be thrifty & keep my Internet charges down. Why spend extra money if I don't need to? If I someday need to upgrade for business or the like, I will.

I have high speed internet through the cable company. We pay $40 per month for internet and basic cable. We use the internet more than we watch tv.

We also have Viatalk. This is a phone service that works through your cable internet. It is 14.95 per month for unlimited calls anywhere in the US.

So we pay a grand total $55 per month for internet, basic cable, and phone. I think it is really a bargain.

We also have a prepaid cell phone to use when driving in emergencies and in case the internet phone goes out. It's $150 per year for 1500 minutes, which is plenty for us. So I guess that's 12.50 per month. I guess you could say our total bill for cable, internet, and both phones is $67.50 per month. Still sounds like a bargain to me! My parents pay $80 just for cable and internet. We can't convince them to switch. The cell phone is called net10, by the way.

Yes, I do have DSL through my phone company which is Verizon at $14.95 a month. I can pick either MSN or Yahoo for my server, but I am sticking to AOL Broadband for $10.95 a month, so for approx $26 I get both and have been happy w. it. Would never go back to dial up....sit forever waiting for sites or whatever to come up.....I would highly recommend DSL.....

We recently switched from cable internet to DSL. The DSL costs about $25 less per month, and we notice little difference.

We have dial up, finally found out how to take care of it after 3 years, Works as fast as have seen others do with the hi-speed, For the price will keep it, unless forced to change.

I have high speed internet that I just got from Sympatico which is Bell Canada. When I need help they give you someone in India to answer your questions. It takes about 2 hours everytime we need help. We have trouble understanding them and they have trouble understanding us. It is extremely frustrating. I am sorry I ever signed up with Sympatico and would not recommend their service. If we cancel before 2 years they charge us $150.00.