Removing Odors from Sneakers

How do I remove odors from sneakers?

By Nativeluv from Sacramento, CA

Best Answer

I have to wear athletic shoes for work, and I wash mine at least once a month in the washer, then set out to dry outside with the laces out, and tongues pulled back, which helps greatly.
Otherwise, you could try filling the insides with baking soda and leaving at least overnite, or trying an unused fabric softener sheet tucked down into the toe area.
Hope you find something that works for you!

Best Answer

I wouldn't have believed you could wash leather sneakers in the washing machine, but you can. I first tried it with a pair that I would have thrown out could I not clean them.

I took the insoles out to wash separately. Dry everything in the sun and they're almost brand new. Use a higher end laundry soap for this dirty job and that will also help with deodorizing.

Best Answer

I've heard that you can stuff them with newpaper and set outside over night and that helps. It's not a permanent fix though you may have to do it once a week or so.