Keeping Makeup From Rubbing Off On Clothing

How do I keep makeup off my collar during the day or at night when I go out? No matter what kind I use, it rubs on my collar. Is there something I could spray on my collar so that it will not rub on it?

By Dana from Tuscaloosa, AL

I had that problem so I do not put makeup on my neck anymore, good luck.

Use "Infallible" by L'Oreal. It will not budge! I guarantee it won't rub off! When buying the product, look at the other L'Oreal "true-match" shades of make-up & use these to gauge what color you'll need. True-Match comes in the same colors as the Infallible does. Otherwise buy the Infallible 2 shades lighter than it looks in the bottle because it darkens up a bit when it sets on your skin. No color worries, all chain drug stores (like Wallgreens, Rite-Aid & Longs, etc.) will return the opened make-up with no questions asked. You can then exchange it for another color if the first one doesn't work.

I don't put makeup on my neck either, just slightly under the jaw line. Also have you tried using a light dusting of powder over your makeup to help the foundation set? That might help. There is makeup made to stay put like Cyinda said. Revlon Colorstay comes to mind but I am sure there are others. Or choose a foundation that has a matte finish over the more dewy kinds.

The key to good "make-up" is blend, blend, blend. After I finish my face I use a tissue under my chin and on my neck area and gently rub a little off, that's the stuff that gets on clothing. You still have the "color", but not the mess.

Gale from Woodbridge, Ca.

Some people have long necks and they do not have the problem. I have the problem and have solved it two ways. I try to find blouses and tops that have a wide neck, and I have learned to use lovely scarves. I use the scarf especially in the winter to save my coat collar. Just a thin silk scarf makes the difference. Most are inexpensive and come in every color. Another advantage to them is if you go out to eat you can adjust the scarf discretely to cover your chest in case you spill something.