DecorationsBaby Shower

Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas

Can someone give me ideas for centerpieces for a sit down luncheon Baby shower? I want to use the centerpieces as prizes, so people will be taking them home. Diaper cakes, etc. will not work in this regard. I am also trying to keep it inexpensive. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Debbie from Detroit, MI

I'm thinking of a cornucopia filled and toppling out with baby items, You could create the theme for boy or girl using blue or pink or use multi pastel if unknown sex. Get creative using baby shower wrapping paper, bows, trailing rosebuds.

I was at a baby shower a few years back and the center pieces down the tables were pink, blue, green and yellow washcloth bunnies. They were really cute and seemed easy to make. You can buy cheap wash clothes in large packs at walmart with all the colors you need. You'd just have to find 'how to fold'. As they played games at the shower, the winners could pick a bunny to take home.

The best "take-home centerpiece" I ever received, although not from a baby shower, was a small potted plant.

If you like, you can find tiny terra cotta flowerpots three for $1, and put small plants in each. Any plant will do, but I like petunias and marigolds for their hardiness. Group them in the center (duh, lol!) and enjoy!

You didn't say when the party was but what about yellow mums? I just saw some small ones at Home Depot the other day (7/18) - you could tie pink and blue ribbons around them for the party.

I'm having difficulty coming up with centerpieces for a baby shower. We want something that at the end of the shower 1 guest per table can take home. Most sites suggest things like diaper cakes and balloons and such. We don't feel that's a good take home gift. Please help.

Millie from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas

We have always used a fresh potted plant. This time of year you could use a mum. They are not expensive and you could dress them up with a basket for a pot. You can buy white ones, then spray paint them (with paint for flowers) to go with your color theme. Hope this helps. (09/18/2006)

By Mary Ann

Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas

How about a Babies Breath plant on each table. Put pink or blue paper around the pot.
I remember once a friend and I hosted a baby shower, and we decorated different sized square boxes to look like blocks, and used these for decoration in different ways. Can't remember all the details as was about 40 yrs ago. (09/19/2006)

By Wisgal

Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas

This is an idea: Purchase scented candles, bath sets, etc. Purchase boxes, place items in the boxes and wrap with baby gift wrap, add bow. They will make nice centerpiece and gift for the table guest.

(09/20/2006)

By Peggy

Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas

I went half with a friend on a baby shower a few months ago and we bought a clear flat bowl for each table and filled them with pink and blue water tealight candles, and put a few plastic baby decorations like shoes, pacifiers, and clothes pins, in them with the candles. Then we bought a handful of votives and wrapped them in that mesh stuff and tied curly ribbon and set them around the bowls and spread baby confetti on the rest of the table. Worked great and everyone loved the candles. (09/21/2006)

By Christy