Cooking Squash in the Microwave

I want to say thank you for the help I received in cooking acorn squash and spaghetti squash. My homeworker today did the spaghetti squash.

She poked holes in it (too hard to cut), and put in microwave for 10 minutes at first. We ended up putting it back in for about another 5 minutes, and it was great. After removing the seeds, she added a little margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon, and removed the squash from its 'shell'. Boy, was it good!

By Linda from Bloomington, IL from Illinois

I found it helpful to cut Spaghetti squash with a pumpkin carving knife.
You can punch a hole with it better than a regular knife. GG Vi

I've always pierced the outside with a steel kitched fork, microwaved the whole spaghetti squash for five minutes, then cut it lengthwise, handling the hot squash with oven mitts lined with paper towels (so as not to get the mitts stained).

Scoop out the seeds and membrane with a grapefruit knife and large spoon. Put about half a cup of water in each cavity, place waxed paper to cover each cavity, microwave for another eight minutes or so (depending on size of squash), then it's ready to serve. I like mine with just margarine, but spaghetti sauce is a winner, too. Of course, the brown sugar route before the last cooking phase is really good. Bon appetit! Cay from FL

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsNovember 18, 2011
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf77369533.tip.html