Leftover Steak Recipes

What to do with leftover steak? I'm clueless, and I definitely do not want to throw it away.

Thank you.

By Kathy54 from Cincinnati, OH

Anonymous
Best Answer

I started making this when I was in my early 20's and it's about the only way I use leftover steak now. Cut the steak into bite sized cubes and peel and slice or dice the amount of potatoes to the amount of steak accordingly. Fry the potatoes in vegetable oil in a skillet sprinkling with garlic salt to taste.

Cook the potatoes until just golden, drain the oil, add the beef cubes and stir all until steak is heated through adding more garlic salt to taste if desired. It's quick, tasty and easy. I don't usually use ketchup (except to make cocktail sauce) but it certainly is tasty as a condiment for this dish :-)

Make a beef stir-fry (I use frozen stir-fry vegetables), and serve it over rice.

You can use slices in a lettuce salad, or cut it up into chunks for chili or soup/stew. Leftover steak is great in any recipe that you might use ground beef in. Hope you find lots more that you like!

I fry some pieces with a few vegetables like green peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc. and make a burrito. You can add cheese, sour cream, lettuce, or whatever else you want. It's very tasty, nutritious and easy.

Slice it thin, then dice and make beef soup. Steak makes it very tasty.

Beef and noodles is very good: Brown the cubed steak with some chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Drain off any fat then add cooked pasta and a can of cream of mushroom soup. I usually cook some frozen peas with the pasta and add them too.

Cut into strips, heat in a skillet, put on toasted hoagie buns with onion and peppers that you have already sauteed. Cover with cheese and either put back in the oven or wrap in foil until cheese has melted...yummy.

Slice it into strips, heat in a skillet, put on a toasted hoagie bun with onions and pepper already sauteed. Cover with shredded cheese and either put it back into the oven or wrap in foil until cheese melts...viola! Your own Philly

steak sandwich. Very good.

Steak salad!

Steak salad!

We slice it up and put it on nachos! Its delicious!

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversSeptember 22, 2011
🌻
📓
🎂