Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet

My son burned a hole in our carpet. I took my vacuum and an old panty hose over the wand with a rubber band and then proceeded to vacuum the carpet. The fibers that collected in the panty hose were then placed in the hole that I had put super glue in to. Voila! The hole was fixed and no one could tell.

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

Great thinking! Years ago my father wanted to get all of his deposit back after moving out of his apartment. He was an artist, and he mixed his oil paints until he had the perfect match. He did get the whole deposit back.
Liz

By Doggy (Guest Post)

Absolutely ingenious! : ))

I too had to do something similar to this when I burnt a hole in the carpet of our brand new car. Scraped a little of carpet from another area then put in some super glue and carpet remnants. Hubby never knew :)

I just took scissors and slightly cut off fibers from the top of a different area and glued them in. My brother is in the carpet business and told me how to do this.