Substituting Normal Oats for Quick Oats in Baking Recipes?

Can I use ordinary rolled oats in a baking recipe (muffins) instead of quick oats? And if I can, do I use the same amount that is being asked for in the recipe? Seems like every time I read a recipe there is something that I either don't have or I have the ingredient but not the exact type the recipe is asking for, like quick oats as opposed to ordinary oats.

By carlotta from Coquitlam, BC

Yes. The difference is mostly in texture. Old fashioned oats are larger, whole pieces of rolled oat, while quick oats have been cut up into small bits. You will get more texture from using old fashioned oats and a smoother texture from using quick oats. Measurements & baking time are the same.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsMarch 29, 2009
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf80394788.tip.html

SubstitutionsFood Tips