Use Small Amount of Toothpaste

To save money on toothpaste for your family, follow the directions on the tube and not the advertising. You are supposed to only use a pea size amount of toothpaste, and not the overloaded brush that they show you in the ads.

By Irene from Boston, MA

I also use baking soda with my toothpaste (Sensitive). I like the taste, and it feels very clean. I put the baking soda in a small jar, pour out some in my clean hand, and scrape it away with my tooth brush. At first it was messy, but I am getting pretty good at it.
AG, Guelph, Ontario, Canada

By suzin (Guest Post)

I use the soda, but I also add the same amount of salt. Mix them in a little sugar dispenser and it is easy to shake out the right amount you want in your hand. I was told about this by a dentist, a family member.

Yes, you only need a tiny bit of toothpaste, if any. I worked for a dentist and he told me that it is more important to brush properly than use any toothpaste at all.

I've been doing this for years. I just can't convince my husband.

If he doesn't have a mouthful of foam, he doesn't think his teeth will get clean!