Keep Apron Stocked for Household Projects

Swapping the rooms in my apartment has been a huge undertaking. I get up each day and put on my denim apron with all the stuff in it I need to do what needs to be done without walking all over the place. I thought this might help you if you are moving, have a large project you or someone you know is doing, etc.

I keep the following in the apron: Measuring tape, notepad and pen, marker, screwdriver, scissors and a little box of tacks and push pins. This keeps everything I might need with me and I save a lot of steps!

Source: Trying to work smarter not harder!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Sandi,
Great tip. I've been doing this for years. Especially when I watch my grandkids. Since you can't take your eyes off little ones, I would keep all my "essentials" in the pockets of my aprons. No more having to run to this room or that, or wondering where to find some needed item.

The kids loved the surprises I pulled out occasionally, and got excited when they saw me bring out the glue or scissors, because they knew it was craft time. A well-stocked apron is a life-saver and a step-saver when being with children.
Meema in NY

Sandi,
That is a great idea to save steps. The apron is very cute and a practical way to recycle some old jeans.

Anonymous

Love the idea. I do something similar to the apron. I go to my local paint store or hardware store and they have utility aprons and most of the time will give them away as there business is advertised on them. They have lots of pockets and loops for hanging items too.

Roxanne, in the great state of Maine

Love the apron; may need to make some of these for Christmas gifts, etc.

Anonymous

Great idea! Cute apron!

Home and Garden Home Improvement ToolsAugust 30, 2011
🐛
🌻
📓