Birthday Gift Ideas for 19 Year Old Boyfriend

My boyfriend is having his 19th birthday in a month. He's financially sound while I'm not. As in, he can spend whatever he likes whenever. However, I'm not. He always does little and huge things that make me happy, so this time I really want to make an impression that I can also do the same for him.

He's throwing a party which I will be organizing for him and his best friends from the opposite side of the country are flying over to attend. They, too, are financially sound and have gotten him impressive gifts before.

Horrible to say, but I feel a lot of pressure in giving him a gift because I'm not quite like his friends. Do you have any suggestions as to what birthday gift I could give that would be of meaning? I've named a star after him before and made artwork for him. I want something that is meaningful and useful for him!

By Sabrina

Best Answer

What does he find interesting? How long have you been going out together? Does he have any goals he's mentioned that you could forward with your gift? Hobbies? What qualities in him do you want to encourage?

I have little money so I like what I spend to be effective,
make something happen. So I always ask what does the person need that I see. If they are looking for a job or going to school, maybe clothes if their wardrobe is small or worn. If they like art, maybe art store gift certificate.
If music, maybe their guitar needs new strings. What do they particularly enjoy that maybe they haven't felt okay spending money on.

Best Answer

I wouldn't worry about getting him something he needs or wants but instead get him somethinghe will like. Something unexpected. You could get him a very plain braclet with an engraving. Something like, "Never again 19 but now and forever close." And put your initials. Or something else that is meaningful to maybe both of you. Let it say something that would be timeless without saying anything to committed. Unless you mean it.

Best Answer

Just do something simple. Make his favorite Breakfast or Dinner and bake him a Cake, fill his Bedroom full of balloons(sounds stupids, i know but i did this once and it was the bday mine ever had). I'm sure he would Love it. Good Luck.

Best Answer

So...he will now be organizing his own birthday party (since we're in long distance relationship in different universities)! But I've decided to create a video montage of all his friends and family back home of them wishing him a happy birthday that will be played throughout the party! As well, I will be getting a basketball jersey of his favourite player. Thoughtful and useful! And maybe even bake a cake, providing I have access to his kitchen. :)

Thanks for all your input!
-Sabrina

He sounds like a great guy, how about a small B-Day party with a couple of friends. everyone like a party. i know i do. I am turning 50 this year along with 3 of my friend. Oh Ya were having a party.

Is he an animal lover? Adopt a zoo animal or shelter donation in his name.

Gas card!

just get them an iTunes card everybody likes to jam to their music