Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Buying an Old-fashioned Dust Mop

I know the Swiffer has taken over the market, but I need to know where to purchase the "old fashioned dust mops"? None of the stores I checked carry them any more.

Please advise.

Thank you.

By Rosalie Shoeman from San Diego, CA

Have you checked a Home Depot/Lowe's type store? I was in Home Depot a few months ago, and came across what seemed like a large assortment of brooms/brushes/mops/dusters.

And Target has a nice selection, too. I feel like I've seen one recently where you remove the dust cover and toss it in the washer (don't remember if it was cotton or microfiber). Don't look by the floor cleaning and other solutions (that's where you'll find the Swiffer disposable things), but instead kind of where they have laundry baskets. Somewhere near there they have sponges, cleaning cloths, and nearby should be mops and dusters.

Best of luck! Hope you get a good one that lasts a long time!

Anonymous

I have an old Stanley dust mop....40 years old still a great dust mop...i need one more for the sunroom...they beat suffer all to pieces

If you have Dollar Tree Stores near you, look there. Dust mops are available in the one in my area.

Find out if you have a Stanley or Fuller Brush dealer in your neighborhood. Also, go on line for these companies. I was a Stanley dealer and my dust mop is 30yrs. old and still going. Hope this helps.

Online shopping is a real sleazy way to shop...only because the pass two years i have been hyjacked from what i intended to order. As in Stanley's fuller brush as soon as the online shows none available at this time. Another site jumps in to take you to their cheap finds. Nothing what you wanted. In the mail i received a flat cardboard box woyh handle in it. Next six very long mop heads. The wooden handle sent alone. Is for old fashion mop heads. I thought i was ordering. Now i have to send back i can not carry the box.

For it is in another box all from this Amazon prime i feel i was byjacked by this Amazon who propably charges fees without your knowledge. This makes me angry for now shipping and handling plus this Amazon Prime i think is a fee for twenty dollars but i am not sure. I just know they took over my shopping. As in the government does since call a midwife started back then now is a full time job for all these strangers into your life. As in spies on your time where ever you seem to be....its outrageous.....bad online shopping for two years of not receiving what i was shopping for....

If you have an ACE hardware near you & haven't, try them. I've had some success in finding the oddball, not in high demand things there.

O Cedar has a microfiber 'Performer' dust mop set-Ck O cedar on the webb-

I bought a mophead and 3 refills at Target
I use them to dry dust and another to wet mop my ceramic tile floors and then throw it into the washer
I bought 3 because I was afraid they would stop making them

(submitted via email)

Thank you to all the readers who responded to my request for purchasing a dust mop. Will check out most of them next week.

Thanks again. Rosalie - San Diego

I would like to find and buy another old-fashioned dust mop like I used years ago on all my floors.

By Lillian

Answers

I think I have seen them on vermontcountry store.com