Cooking TipsFood Tips

Paper for Absorbing Grease and Oil

We bought some wine glasses from Pier1 Imports as they were on big sale. The store clerk wrapped each glass in a nice paper. Normally I would put the paper in the recycle bin, but this time by mom's advice saved the paper. I had to fry lot of food the following week for a party. I used the this paper to absorb the excess oil instead of using the paper towels.

By Chaitanya from Chelmsford, MA

By thecatlady (Guest Post)

How clean is the paper they are using and has it been handled many times before you got it? Could be a source of contamination to your food.

Place a paper towel over the newspapers and it will keep your food clean, but you use a lot less paper towels.

I always take extra paper napkins from restaurant/fast food stores and use these.