County Apple Cobbler

Ingredients

• 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
  • 2 (21 oz. each) cans Comstock Country Apple pie mix
  • 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon/sugar mixture
  • Fresh ground nutmeg to sprinkle over top
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 13x9-inch baking dish. Spread apple pie mix evenly over prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Evenly spread cake mix and then pour evaporated milk over all. Drizzle melted butter over all and then sprinkle with fresh ground nutmeg. Sprinkle chopped nuts over top and bake for about 45 minutes until light and golden brown. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

Sent in by Email:

This is a feedback on a recipe for County Apple Cobbler which I printed out from your website about a month ago. It was by Connie from Oden, Arkansas.

Connie, you have started a Cobbler Revolution on a small island in the Pacific. I made your Apple Cobbler for a small group of ladies who get together each Tuesday morning to stamp greeting cards of our own design. One of the gals is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and dear friend. Well, they went bananas over the cobbler. I served the rest of it to my daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons for dinner that evening, warmed and topped with ice cream. The next Saturday evening they had a dinner party and I made it again - not a smidgen left - then I tried it with Cherry pie filling, which is my daughter's favorite and it was equally as good. Today we are invited to a backyard Bar-B-Que and I was asked to make two of the cobblers for dessert. I am making Blueberry and Cherry. I already have a request for peach and will also try black, sweet cherry as well. So, I just had to tell you what a wonderful recipe you have come up with. i thank you from the bottom of my heart and so do all of the people I have served it to already. If you have any more really great easy recipes to share, I hope you post them on Thriftyfun. Thanks again. Sylvia Haywood from Saipan.