Clothing WashersAppliances

Fixing a Washer That Won't Spin

In the last spin cycle, my washer made a breaking, grinding plastic noise. I opened lid and after a minute of this noise it stopped spinning and the motor was still running? It agitates, washes clothes, drains water out, but will not spin? I have to fix it myself. Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is?

By dianepegg from MI

Best Answer

Remove the cap off the agitator, flip back the top of the console, remove any nuts keeping the tub in the console. There will be a clutch ring that needs to be replaced.

Best Answer

It sound like the belt broke, If you can turn over the washer and see if it did take to old belt and replace it with the same one, new of corse, it is not hard to do. be careful to unplug the washer first and get a person that has the strength to turn it over for you, I hope this helps and God bless you.