TipsFrugal Living

Lovely Home Scents

I love all types of air fresheners, candles, plug-ins, etc. I will buy one nice votive, burn it until it can no longer burn, then add it to a small dish that fits on top of my "heated candle plate" for additional use! You know the little hot plate type scent distributors that you usually put a jar candle on to warm up and distribute wonderful scents?

I also reuse my used holiday flavored tea bags (they come in gingerbread, candy cane, sugar plum, etc.) in some water on these hot plates to have a lovely scent for no additional cost. Mmmmmm!

By AHA! from Sterling, PA

what a clever idea. I would have never thought of this.

Another idea that I use to make my home smell good, but not fake when company is coming... Just turn a burner on the stove on to low & sprinkle a TINY bit of cinnamon power on it, Then wait about 30 seconds & turn the burner off... The smell of real cinnamon will fill the air & it will smell like you've been baking!

Cyinda has a good idea, and you can go one step further. I put in orange peels and when I have them, apple cores and some of the peels, too. The citrus and apple plus the cinnamon and cloves make the house smell good for day!