Gifts For Boyfriend's 15th Birthday

My boyfriend's birthday is in about two weeks. We've been going out for over 2 months (he and I have been close for about a year, that should help). I have no idea what to get him. Any suggestions? By the way he is turning 15.

By Delilah from Los Angeles, CA

Where did the two of you actually meet? At a baseball game? pack a picnic and celebrate it exactly where you met. Don't make anything with mayonnaise in the summer. It can be peanut butter and jelly, but when you're with someone you love, it will taste of Heaven!

It doesn't have to be food, it can be dessert. Bake two cupcakes and put one single candle in each one.

I wouldn't buy a gift or anything, if I were you. Might scare him away at this stage of your relationship.

Were you friends first? Did you see a movie together? Rent the movie again and watch it together, popcorn too. I don't think he'll expect too much and like I said a gift may scare him or intimidate him.

I think this sounds romantic, but not smothering. No roses or flowers, I would think.

The important thing is that you sound like a sweet thoughtful person and that's who he likes! Have a good time!

You can get a little card, no big huge thing. Can you make a handmade card? It doesn't have to be Martha Stewart, but her site may give you some ideas.

Have a lovely time Sweetie!

Well I would skip the picnic/food which I think may remind him of his mum and day trips. I would go for gadgets with a lad and get him a music CD or a games console game or a voucher for his favorite clothing store inside a card or a t-shirt in his size such as superdry/jack wills/ A & F/Hollister; cool brands which are about £20 keep it simple and fuss free, you can never have too many decent t shirts.

Don't make it expensive or too serious. You have been dating 2 months. Give him a McDonald/etc certificate to use any time, just even a card is good. Don't be mushy and the forever kind. As a mom of boys, nothing raises red flags when young friends/teens try to pretend they are mature and know the dating scene.

Have fun. This is a boy you are dating. You so have a lot of life in front of you. It is better being good friends than dating couples. Hard to go back to being good friends once you make romantic overtures. Boys get confused in their feelings, hormones, etc and will run to their guy friends. Believe me, I have listened to many conversations from all aspects of the dating thing from my guys.