Ask For Plant Cuttings

I usually ask friends and family for starts off their plants. When I go to a nursery or store that sells plants, I look on their floors. A lot of times you can find broken stems that can be rooted in water, or flower heads that can be dried for seeds to start your own plants. Check craigslist, a lot of times people want to thin out their flower/plant beds and will let you get diggings for free. Go to yard sales and just ask the people for a start off theirs, most will comply.

By kathleen blakley from Shelbyville, IN

I give and I receive, gladly. As it turns out, most gardeners happen to be very nice people. Thanks for your tip.