AdviceHealth & Beauty

Feeling Sick When Using Polident Adhesive

Has anyone experienced ill health after using Polident Denture adhesive for a while? I've been using it for about 4 months now and have been getting sicker and sicker. I notice that if I can go 3-4 days without using it to put my temporary dentures in, then I start to feel a little better. Unfortunately I have to have teeth to eat, and if I go anywhere I need them in.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Try Fixodent instead of Polident. Also, call your dentist and ask if he/she has an answer. I've used Fixodent for a long time and haven't had a problem. Maybe it's just the brand and their formulation. Good luck. Ill fitting dentures can take away a lot of your quality of life.

There have been reports on the news lately about health concerns caused by the denture adhesive. Talk to your dentist and use the smallest amount possible . follow directions for amount to use on the box.

I'd look up all the chemicals that make up the adhesive. The mouth is one of the fastest ways to get something into your bloodstream. You may find a wealth of information that may effect other parts of your life.

My parents both had false teeth & they must have had a fantastic dentist cause my parents could eat anything with them & they never used adhesive;corn on the cob, apples, everything. They were very tight fitting & no sores or anything. Check the chemicals.