KitchenDecorating

Reviews of Imagistone Kitchen Countertop Resurfacing

I am trying to sell my home and want to do an inexpensive update in my kitchen. I have white cabinets and a black floor. What color counter tops should I do? I've been looking at a product called Imagistone (granite is way too expensive house is $275k). Anybody familiar with this?

By Ginger from Dallas, TX

Anonymous

The only thing I personally see that you should do or need to do to help sell your home is buy a nice window valance that has a blend of the existing kitchen colors and perhaps a couple more small plants and some personalized touches to add some warmth because the kitchen simply looks stark. Make your kitchen look more homey. Where are your appliances and canisters etc that are normally on the counters? They also add warmth and a lived in look.

Whoever buys the house is going to change things the way they want it anyway so why spend a lot of money, time and effort making permanent changes?

I totally agree with Deeli. Your kitchen looks fresh and clean. You can brighten it up with colourful accessories which you can take with you when you move.

Thank you very much for all your help. Interesting enough, I talked with a decorator friend and she basically said the same thing. The kitchen is fine, just boring. Need to liven up with valances, maybe colorful cabinet knobs and colorful pots. So, I will be making valances for the windows (pretty easy), painting the cabinet knobs red, getting a colorful t-pot for the stove and putting some colorful pots above cabinets. As a side note, I had lots of colorful things in the kitchen and the realtor told me to get rid of them, so what do realtors know huh?

Thanks again folk. I will try to post some before/after pictures. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anonymous

Oh pretty please do post a picture or two of your new personalization! Yep, realtor's don't know it all. ;-)