CandyFood Tips

Why Chew a Whole Piece of Gum?

When I was a girl, my mother drove me nuts because when I asked for gum, she always tore it in half. NOW, guess who's following her mom's frugal ways? My kids grumble and tease me when I give them half a piece of gum, but the truth is, for fresh breath, half a piece is really all you need. And it's cheaper! Guess my mom was smarter than I thought. :o)

By Kim from Crawford, CO

I've been doing this for years to the point where chewing a whole piece just seems like to much! A little bit is all you need, plus you are rarely caught chomping on it like a cow chewing her cud, because chomping is just no longer necessary. Thanks for sharing! It's always good to know that there are others out there who do the same (=

My grandmother always gave me a half of a piece of gum too. She was SO thrifty. I guess that is how you get after going through a depression!

http://www.savi  ri.blogspot.com/

By K2 (Guest Post)

My mom used to tear a piece of gum into quarters!

I've been doing that too! Especially at work because after drinking coffee one's breath could often use some refreshing. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one!