Improving The Flavor Of Tuna Casserole

Has anyone every tried putting 4 to 8 ounces of cream cheese, evaporated milk, and a small can of sliced mushrooms in their tuna casserole recipe? I did along with the normal ingredients of cream of mushroom soup and diced onions stirred into elbow macaroni. I fixed it last week and it was fantastically smooth and creamy. The family just loved it! They are asking me to fix it again and soon. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it before? If you haven't, do try it as a smooth twist on an old American favorite.

By Paula Jo C. from Lower Western NC Mountain Area

Sounds heavenly!! I do miss my old tuna casserole days now that I am a vegan. I used to just make a white sauce and add it in with the mushroom soup and can of mushrooms- really made a difference.

I like to put chopped celery and a handful of frozen mixed veggies in mine.

I had some leftover canned milk from another recipe and used it in my tuna casserole. It really did make it creamier than regular milk. I use velveeta cheese in mine also so I haven't tried the cream cheese. I love a good creamy comfort food.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 29, 2010
💘
🍀