Foaming Soap Dispenser

I have small children who usually use more soap than they need. I think that foaming soap dispensers help to reduce the soap consumption. I've found that the Bath and Body Works brand foaming handsoap dispensers work well for reuse - they're durable and look reasonably nice with the label removed.

I buy refill bottles of regular liquid handsoap and fill the dispenser with approximately 1/4 soap and 3/4 water. This doesn't produce as thick of a lather as the original soap in the dispenser but a pump of this is plenty to clean your hands. If this is still more soap than your kids need, you can also put something around the outside of the pump to reduce it's travel.

By Sarah Aust from River Falls, WI

I, too, reuse foaming soap containers. I use 1 part castille soap to 6 parts of water. A little less water works well too. I was originally told to use dish soap but trust plain or scented castille soap(Dr. Bronners) more. I hav stayed away from adding any oils to the mix because I was told that oil will gum up the works.

I have posted almost the same thing on assorted web sites. I reuse the bath and body works bottles and do the same thing with dish soap. The tops of the bottles are spring loaded. So when you ad water to the soap or detergent and shake well it creates a nice foam.

I love the really smell good kind of dish detergents. They work so good.

The kind of DAwn that helps the skin really is nice for face washing. I am glad that people are catching on that it does not cost a fortune to be clean.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 23, 2012
🌻
😎
📓
🐛