Use Cooking Spray Instead of WD-40

When bothered by squeaky or rusty hinges, you probably have the quick cure right in your kitchen. Any cooking spray will work just fine, and most of us have a can of that on hand.

Source: I discovered this all on my own. I had a cupboard door that was driving me crazy, and didn't have any WD-40.

By Ann from La Fayette, GA

I had the same idea once, too. I decided to use Pam to lubricate my husband's bike chain-- but when I went outside a half hour later, it was absolutely covered with ants. I sprayed the Pam off (along with all the ants), and never used cooking spray for anything but cooking, again.

I have previously done this also. I used a spray can of canola oil on the hinges of my toilet and bathroom doors which had been driving me insane at bedtime when anyone opened or closed the doors. The spray worked immediately. HAPPY DAYS :)

Something else that cooking spray works great for is the metal hamster wheel. WD-40 is toxic for them but cooking spray does the trick right away! And is safe for them to chew on.