Join a Science Museum

Think about joining a science museum nearby. We joined the one in Jacksonville where the membership rates are very reasonable when we went for a visit. It was about the same as a one time visit, but then we've been able to visit all of the science centers on the reciprocity list all over the country. It has saved us a bundle and given us great stuff to do on road trips and vacations.

Source: Check out astc.org

That sounds like a really good idea. I'm in Australia and I live in a small town of only 1500 people but I have joined the "Friends of the Zoo" (also known as FOTZ) in Melbourne, which is about 80kms away and that means I can go to the zoo as many times as I like through the year, and can also be admitted free to other zoos around the place. There is a wonderful open range zoo just near me which I like to visit. There is a great science museum but it's a long way from my town. But science museums are fascinating places, aren't they, Sarah?