My Frugal Life: Living Simply In The Ozarks

13 years ago, my husband Jerry and I lived in Los Angeles. We owned a business and we were making a lot of money. My Frugal Life We decided to give it all up and move to the Ozarks, where life is more simple. Now that we are living in the Ozarks, we are living on his SDI and my Social Security. It is so beautiful back here. The leaves change in the fall, and usually it snows in the winter.

Yes, we are living a simple life, and we wouldn't give it up for anything, even money. We now live in a small town where we know one another and greet each other by name. Sure, we don't shop at the mall, we get our clothes at yard sales. We don't go out to fancy restaurants like we used to, we eat all of our meals at home. Yes, we have to make sure the lights are turned off when we leave a room, check the monthly grocery sales and make sure the left-overs from dinner are used in another dish, and not wasted, but some things in life are more important than money.

Linda :o) from Sarcoxie, Missouri

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: https://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Oh my gosh, I know where Sarcoxie is! Have you ever heard of Stockton? That's where I grew up and Sarcoxie was one of our football rivals! Small world, eh?

Oh - I do the same things and am still living in L.A.! Addicted to show biz, I guess.

It sounds like heaven compared to the rat here in suburbia. Slow down people! Do more, buy more, be more, have your kids in more, more, more, more! Good for you. I hope you enjoy your every day.

http://www.savi  ri.blogspot.com/

My husband and I plan on retiring to "The Lake" (of the Ozarks) as soon as are kids are gone! We would love to invest in one of the condos there as an investment and have it paid for by the time we are ready to move down there. We could then sell it and buy our cozy "dream home"! What a beautiful place, I can't wait! Enjoy!

Sarcoxie is in my back yard (well, maybe a close neighbor)! I live in Bolivar - just 30 miles north of Springfield. One of my very best friends pastors a church in Sarcoxie (he lives in Springfield too, so you may know him - I'm sure not that many pastors live in Springfield).

Oh, you are so blessed. I'd love to be able to do what you're doing. You enjoy every minute of it!

I live in a old trailer we are renting love the location hate my neighbors, and hate the mice problems but working on it little by littly. Love the view and quietness of the place. Trying to cut back mostly go shopping at Wal-Mart or K-mart or JC Penny outlet or the Vanity Fair where we live. It is not like a small town where everybody knows your name but we like it alot. We live in Shoemakersville PA and we get the 4 seasons and I just love them sometimes.

Glad to know that you are happy in the Ozarks. Those of us who are natives to the area know its beauty. We wouldn't live anywhere else. ( We've been living frugally out of necessity for our entire lives, just like our ancestors before us.)