KitchenHome Improvement

Use Magnets To Keep Cupboards Closed

I live in an older mobile home and let's just say, they didn't put in the best quality kitchen cabinets. I had a hard time keeping my cupboards shut whenever I closed them until I used magnets. I hot-glued one magnet to the door and one to the cupboard where the door closes so they matched up. Now they work like a charm!

If you don't have room for 1/4 inch deep magnets, you can also use strips of magnet tape, or those new tiny "super magnets". Just use whatever fits. Many different types and sizes of magnets can be found in any craft store. The tiny super-strong magnets can be found in most paper and office supply stores because they are made for magnetic bulletin boards.

By Cyinda

By Thrifty Gal (Guest Post)

At Ace Hardware, I found all sorts of things one could use, to keep a cupboard door closed. They ranged in price from just 99 cents to $2.50. Plus, they came with all the screws I needed, so I didn't have to buy them. :-)

Sometimes it can be that the mobile home has settled on it's foundation. If so, it could be unlevel and needs to be fixed.

You can get cupboard door fasteners that are magnets. Of course, you have to screw those in, but they are made for the job, so not a big deal.